Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V1 #271 Funding

In message <email @ redacted>, Ian Grant
<email @ redacted> writes
>Following Micheal's plea re: funding, I note details are given for IRS (ie
>in the United States of America) tax relief for charitable gifts. Is it
>possible for UK resident taxpayers to donate to the list and get Gift Aid
>relief? I guess it will be necessary for the UK list to be a registered UK
>Ian Grant

I am a Charity Card holder (if people here haven't heard of the
Charities Aid Foundation - I do encourage you to visit their website -
www.cafonline.org - although since the recent changes in tax relief on
charity given, they're less essential for efficient giving of small

I looked on their website for giving to the US - they can manage this if
the US not-for-profit provides documentation that it would have
charitable status if it were here.  The payment is received by the US
charity in dollars, and there are no conversion costs (because the money
is swapped with dollars coming here for our charities).

The difference in value of a 1 gift could be the difference between
94pence and 1.40 - so it's worth it!

Michael is investigating the status from his end (and I'm doing it from
my end).

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)