[IPk] Re:Choice

Hi Jenny ,
I agree with you choice is everything. I think that anyone who thinks that
pumps are going to sort out all their problems is wrong. I have tried quiet
a few regimes in my time, and I believe that for some people my sister for
instance, is at school and living at home with few changes in routine a
twice a day regime suits her. However my life is complicated by shift work
that includes nights, let me tell you very difficult on MDI .

I also agree that being informed is essential, because working in the NHS
you realise that not all medics are up to date understandably at times due
to the lenght of time they spend in rounds and clinics. I am not defending
those medics who when faced with a patient who is asking for a treatment
that they know little about refuses point blank.

I have a super consultant at Grimsby hospital who has been very supportive
while admitting that he has little or no experience with pumps. What it
comes down to is informed treatment . Agreed !