Re: [IPk] thyroid

Jeremy, "Hypo-thyroid" can lead to raised cholesterol levels , gain in
weight , feeling sluggish and tired all the time. The most important one
being the raised cholesterol levels - incase you have any other
pre-disposing factors to heart disease. This is where diabetes comes in the
symptoms are pretty much similiar to high blood sugars, and unfortunately we
as diabetics do have a predisposition to heart disease. I'm not sure what
the direct connection to diabetes is but coming from a family of two
diabetics and mum hypo-thyroid I vaguely remember some medic mentioning a
connection .Sorry I'm no help really !