Re: [IPk] Changing Basals

At 03-06-00 21:35 +0100, you wrote:
>a) how you change basals to meet changing needs and
>b) which buttons you press, in which order
>Can anybody tell me which buttons you press on the disetronic pump?
>Many thanks,

Hi Pat,
The method is to first turn the pump off (stop rather than run), by
pressing both buttons at the top of the pump, you will hear three quick
beeps, keep buttons pressed until you then hear a long single beep. Then
release buttons.
Then press the third button on the front of the pump 4 times, it will
display the total basal insulin for the whole day. Thereafter press the
button again and it will show your basal for the hour 0-1am, each time you
press the same button it will advance the hour shown by one hour. For any
hour you want to change the basal rate, when that hour is displayed, you
press one of the two buttons on the top of the pump, one increases the rate
and the other decreases, so there is no problem if you exceed your change,
it can be simply reversed.
The only problem is if after you have changed the rate for an hour and then
moved on and want to change it again you have to wait until the machine
beeps (and shows the new total 24 hour basal) (or go through every hour of
the day again) and then start off from 00.00 again.
Finally you have to restart the machine again, by holding both "top"
buttons down again until you get three quick beeps.
My machine is not the most advanced so the instructions may be slightly
changed for a new one.
Cheers, Jeremy