Re: [IPk] thyroid

In message <email @ redacted>, Angela Dudley
<email @ redacted> writes
>can somebody tell me how an under active thyroid affects diabetic control.
>my doctor seems to think i do not control my diabetes because i cannot
>get myHba1 below 7.i just feel guilty and do not know what to do
I think you can stop feeling guilty: we should feel guilty when we,
having a choice, do the wrong thing rather than the right thing.  Since
you don't know what to do (wrong things or right things) how can you
make a choice ...  Take me, for instance.  I know that exercising more
regularly would improve my control.  Do I do that?  Today I chose to
spend my free time going to a plant sale ... some exercise putting them
in, but not as much as if I'd gone to the new Lido instead.  So I feel a
bit guilty.

Does your diabetes clinic have a nurse you can call for support?  Could
you could ask him or her for ways to improve your control?  Or go back
to the doctor and say 'well, yes, you say that I'm out of control, what
do you suggest I do about it?'

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)