Re: [IPk] Re: Thanks

Dear Amanda,

Another book I would recommend that you get from your library is:
Stop the Rollercoaster.  It will be frustrating for you, because you
will probably be able to work out that what you need to do is 'increase
the short acting taken at dinner' (or some such), and find, of course,
that you can't because there is no way to take more short acting without
taking more long acting.

However, both for this book, and for pumping, you will have to take many
more bg measurements.  Once before each meal and a daily roving one
(sometimes an hour after a meal, sometimes two, sometimes three,
sometimes during the night).

You do have the right to ask your GP to be referred for a second
opinion.  Of course, this will not be much help if you already have a
three hour bus journey, and that's to your nearest hospital.  (If you
only have one GP within reasonable distance, I imagine hospitals aren't
too plentiful, either).

I have just had another thought ... are they treating you like this
because you are 'only a type 2', who 'as everybody knows', don't need
such good medical care, are old and stupid and really until they learn
to stop eating chips and chocolate, it isn't worth even suggesting they
use bg monitoring equipment (it would only confuse them). (And, sadly,
these are all beliefs I have heard from health care professionals within
the last decade).

Best wishes,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)