[IPk] Letter to Balance (July/August)

Has anyone read the letter section of the most recent
edition of Balance? I have and I was extremely
outraged by the letter from Douglas Henly (Selfish
Pregnancy?). In his letter he comments on an article
in the May/June issue highlighting Geeta Patel who is
a diabetic undergoing fertility treatment. Mr Henly
claims that taking the 'proactive step of undergoing
fertility treatment was exceedingly selfish'. He then
goes on to say 'to knowingly risk passing on to them
such an afliction (i.e. diabetes)  is - I think -
Isn't it sad that in this day and age such bigoted and
discriminative views continue to be held. There is no
reason why diabetics should not have healthy babies.
There is an increased risk of inheriting diabetes if
the mother is diabetic (1:50) but why on earth should
that be a reason not to have children. Diabetes is a
disease that can be treated and treated successfully.
It's almost like saying all children must have blue
eyes and blond hair.
I can't believe that Balance and Diabetes UK  could
have the audacity to print such outrageous views.

Do You Yahoo!?