[IPk] hypos

Yup, Michael, I've seen that too with my dad.
It was pretty scary, but not half as scary for me as for someone who
hasn't experienced hypos themselves. It did make me realise why other
people worry about me having hypos. But although it seems frightening, I
think it's generally easier to keep your perspective if you've been
through it yourself. That's pretty much what I was saying - to someone
who has never experienced a hypo themselves, it seems worse than it
is. Or maybe to someone who's used to having a hypo, it seems less bad
than it is. Even when
I've been in a really bad state and had the paramedics called out,
sure, it's not a pleasant experience, but I don't find it nearly as
frightening as the people around me do. Some people who've seen me in that kind of
state are worried sick it will happen again. It doesn't particularly
worry me. Others may feel differently, I don't know.
Also, different people react differently. I have a friend who is great
in a crisis, used to doing first aid etc., used to my diabetes, but it
scares her to death to see me in a hypo. Others who may be less used
to it, or who may be much closer to me, or whatever, are not bothered by seeing me in a hypo.

Di