Re: [IPk] obsessive?

Diana Maynard wrote:
> Anyway, given the choice between obsessive and better control,
> especially if it's going to stop my complications progressing, I know
> which one I'd pick. But that's not really the point. The point is why
> do the medical profession think that testing that often means you're
> an obsessive weirdo?

Don't forget, pumping brings about a major shift in the reason for

In the early 1980's, testing was to get a rough idea of what was going
on every few weeks.

Then guys like me started testing a lot more, since it made you feel you
were more in control (even though that may have been an illusion).

Then I tested like mad in order to catch hypos before they happened.
That's damage avoidance.

Now I test in order to calculate my bolus, and actively manage my bg.
It's an integral part of the treatment strategy. It allows you to enjoy
the "fine control" part. We now enjoy real-time feedback. It's crude,
but it works. It'll take doctors a while to absorb this shift, but they
will eventually.

mailto:email @ redacted