Re: [IPk] Balance Article

Hi John

I am glad to hear that you have had so many enquiries.

I know there is real interest in obtaining information about pumps, judging
by the consistent number of visitors to the Diabetes Insight web site who
look at the pages on pumps and the direct enquiries I have had.

Although I am still waiting to hear what is happening in Bristol, I will
certainly be more than willing to help raise the profile.

Knowing how the BDA works & knowing that there are likely to be some
changes over the next year or so, then there is a possibility that some
head way could be made.

Kind regards

At 19:23 29/06/99 , you wrote:
>Hi All
>I note with interest your comments about the article and at first I agreed
>with them, however, it is not all bad news. At INPUT I have had 15 enquiries
>(as at 11:05 29/6/99), each and every one of them were very positive, they
>all asked questions and were only interested in the positive side of pump
>therapy. No mention of Dr Pickup at all.
>I am in the process of sending them information about Pump Therapy and a
>thought crossed my mind. Would any of you be prepared to write to these
>people telling them how pump therapy works for you? Is this a good idea or
>should I just send the info and let them come back to me? Your comments
>would be appreciated.
>Should we now all write to the BDA asking for a dedicated section on pump
>therapy in Balance? We need the support of the BDA if we are ever going to
>get pump therapy funded by the NHS (if only partly), so lets badger them and
>get our own page or two. We could then tell everyone what the real
>advantages of the pump are.
>We are all frustrated by the lack of knowledge about pump therapy, so lets
>all really do something about it. Talk to your own GP's, clinics, local BDA
>groups, primary care groups, even your MP's. In fact, tell the world!
>I have at last, had time to finish this posting, there has been a constant
>stream of telephone enquiries about the Balance article. Ranging from the
>desperate to the "What's it all about". There is real interest out there.
>John Davis

Diabetes Insight & Support
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions