[IPk] Balance Article

Hi All

I note with interest your comments about the article and at first I agreed
with them, however, it is not all bad news. At INPUT I have had 15 enquiries
(as at 11:05 29/6/99), each and every one of them were very positive, they
all asked questions and were only interested in the positive side of pump
therapy. No mention of Dr Pickup at all.

I am in the process of sending them information about Pump Therapy and a
thought crossed my mind. Would any of you be prepared to write to these
people telling them how pump therapy works for you? Is this a good idea or
should I just send the info and let them come back to me? Your comments
would be appreciated.

Should we now all write to the BDA asking for a dedicated section on pump
therapy in Balance? We need the support of the BDA if we are ever going to
get pump therapy funded by the NHS (if only partly), so lets badger them and
get our own page or two. We could then tell everyone what the real
advantages of the pump are.

We are all frustrated by the lack of knowledge about pump therapy, so lets
all really do something about it. Talk to your own GP's, clinics, local BDA
groups, primary care groups, even your MP's. In fact, tell the world!

I have at last, had time to finish this posting, there has been a constant
stream of telephone enquiries about the Balance article. Ranging from the
desperate to the "What's it all about". There is real interest out there.

John Davis