Re: [IPk] Balance article / FRUSTRATION / WE NEED YOUR HELP

Hi Morag
I was thinking the very same thing this morning, after my visit to the clinic.
I think the problem is that there aren't many people on pumps in the UK, so any kind of survey has the flaw that the numbers are small.
There are, what, approx 250 people on pumps in the UK?
How many pumpers would we be able to get hold of and get to complete a survey?
Still, even with small numbers it would still be useful and worth doing.

I think including quality of life before as well as after beginning
pump therapy would be useful.

I also think there are 2 things we could think about. One is a data
survey of the type you've described. The second is a collection of
"personal experiences". For many people I'm sure there are a lot of
things they have to say about the pump that aren't catered for by
statistics. "Testimonials" are in my opinion also a valid way of
raising the profile of pumping. The statistical part could be used in an
article, the "testimonials" part would be good for handing out to clinics etc.

I was actually thinking of setting up something like this, so I would
be very willing to help with the organisation. I also have a background in research
methodologies etc. so am used to doing this kind of investigation.