Re: [IPk] Euan - / Concentrated insulins - U400

Dear Euan ,
I hope that you are starting to feel better .
Sorry for the delay in responding but I was at the American Diabetes Assn.
meeting this week .

Hoechst is a German insulin company and they make an insulin which is
commonly used in insulin pumps .In Europe it is sold under various names
 h-tronin insulin is one of them ] Its real name is HOE 21 PH U100 and it is
buffered for use in pumps .

Hoechst is also working on a U400 variation of this insulin .
Minimed uses the U400 in their implantable pump .
As yet the U400 is not available in the UK but maybe your consultant could
obtain this directly from Hoechst .

You would then be able to programme a basal rate of approx. 12.5 units per
hour and would receive 50 units per hour .
This may be one solution for managing the large doses that you are currently
needing .

I suggest that you discuss this with your doctor .
NN used to have a U500 but I don't have any experience of working with this
and don't know if it is pump stable .

John H do you have any information about the U500 from NN ?

Euan , please call me if I can help with this .
Best wishes