Re: [IPk] Carb counting - pasta

Thanks John.
You win the prize for being the only person to actually answer my question.
Just in time before I head off home for some pasta!

I've been probabyl slightly over-estimating the carb value and it's
still been spiking my BG - most of the things that are supposed to

The protein in pasta doesn't seem to be enough to count as it would
only equate to 0.7 units insulin, and I don't count protein that
strictly anyway!

What do you mean, obsessive weirdo - which of us was it who took his
scales and weighed his plate at the 8th Day?

I like your idea of counting carbs as a percentage. I've started doing
that now and it's much easier to figure out.

Though I must say I don't eat wet bread very often :-)

I don't eat chips much either, not because I'm posh but because I don't
buy food very often - I mean ready-made food - but I find them very hard to guess the
carb content of.

Anyway, all this talk of food....I'm off.