Re: [IPk] Carb counting - pasta

> OK, fine, that's how I measure it anyway.
> But I can't relate to the American cup size.
> Please, someone put me out of my misery and tell me either how many
> grams a mug of pasta weighs, or alternatively how many carbs in a
> mug of pasta. Di
> >
> > Cooked pasta is more reliably measured by volume than weight. The
> > volume is relatively stable no matter how much water is taken up by
> > the pasta, whereas the weight can vary a great deal.

Sorry about that, a cup is 226 milliters. I presume you would use a
250 milliter measure for cooking, so take it from there. The
measurement is inaccurate enough so you'll still probably get 7 of
those for a package of pasta ~= 16 oz, 454 grams dry

Heck, I thought you brits used the same screwball measurement system
we do.