Re: [IPk] Carb counting - pasta

> Yeah, I know that , it's on the packet, but let me put it another
> way.... How much does half a mugful of pasta weigh (average size
> mug, say pasta shells)? Can anyone tell me?

Cooked pasta is more reliably measured by volume than weight. The
volume is relatively stable no matter how much water is taken up by
the pasta, whereas the weight can vary a great deal.

16oz of dry pasta makes about 7 cups cooked and is fairly consistent
across all kinds of thin - long to fat shells.  The carbo content may
vary due to differences in the starting carbo in the dry material,
but the dry weight to volume ratio stays pretty constant.