Re: [IPk] Basel rates, pump wearing

I can't say I ever have a problem with getting the tubing caught on door
handles - you must be taller than me as door handles are never at waist
level for me! I guess that could be a problem though, although I
halways have the tubing tight where it's on the outside so it doesn't
catch on things.

I imagine you're right about the dawn phen and hormones etc. At that
age your hormones are likely to be all over the place. That's great if
you're getting rid of the dawn phen!
Maybe you'll get like me and have a reverse one!

I documented a spectacualr example of it this morning.
It activates at whatever time I get up.
I didn't get to bed until nearly 4am (after spending 9 hours at my
dance teacher's house discussing plans for next year, teams etc.!) and
so didn't even wake up until 11am. BG was 13 (because I hadn't eaten
the night before until I got home at 3.30am and bizarre things happen
when I eat just before going to bed, or when I go to bed late).
Bearing in mind my weird reverse dawm phen, I bolused 2 units and ate
30g carbs (which should match perfectly), i.e. I took no account of
the high BG. An hour later I tested again and I was at 6.9. That's
essentially a 6 point drop in an hour for no reason other than getting out of
bed! So it's definitely related to waking up rather than a specific
time. Good thing is i've finally figured out how to deal with it!