Re: [IPk] Grrrrr - customs tax on pump

> It is my understanding that you dont pay tax on medical supplies , but i
> just called customs and excise and they have told me that pump supplies etc
> tend to range from 2%-6% depending on what its is.  This is when stuff
> comes from the US and there is nothing you can do about it.

I guess that would be the import tax (which they don't appear to be
charging me for) rather than the VAT (which they have charged me
for. Anyway I've faxed off a document to FedEx wuoting all the VAT
exemption stuff at them so the ball's in their court now to sort it
out with the customs people. I'll just have to cross my fingers now.