Re: [IPk] Carb counting - again!

> > For example, if you're getting constant good Bg readings, you tend to
> > test less frequently.
> Eeeeoooooeerrrr... I then tend to test even more often to reinforce that
> smug and virtuous feeling...

OH, well I'm the opposite! I test far lessno won the pump than I did
on MDI because I don't need to. If my Bg was 5.5 an hour ago it will
still be 5.5 now if I haven't been doing anything weird :-)

> > Secondly, sometimes you need a break from doing everythign so
> > rigidly.
> But I'm not rigid. I'm incredibly flexible. I eat whatever I want,
> whenever I want. All I have to do is know the carb content. The
> prepackaged junk food is excellent. The carb content is written there.
> Plastic sandwiches: 35.6g. Great. 2.4 units. Snickers. 32.5g. 2.2 units.
> That's easy. But the tough one is grazing at home. Spoonful of drinking
> chocolate. Handful of grapes. Half a glass of plum juice. Slice of bread
> and jam. Plate of freshly fried potatoes. Homemade apple pie and
> custard. This is the place where carb counting can be done, but it's
> hard work. At this point, I start to guess and improvise. And surprise
> surprise! 2 hours later my bg drifts into hypo zone. If I strictly
> count, it rises a little and returns gracefully to 5. Happiness! So why
> don't a strictly carb count all the time, and reap the rewards?

But that's still doing something rigidly. OK, maybe rigid is nothte
best word, but it's hard work having to think about how many grams of
carb that glass of plum juice was or whatever. I didn't mean yuo eat
rigidly, just that it still imposes some sort of rigidity on you rlife
by having to calculate exactly everything you eat. Sometimes it's just
a hassle and so you guess instead of weighing it or whatever,

> > I looked at your website yesterday
> I wondered why you'd been :-)

Why I'd been what?

> > and that inspired me to write down
> > at least my Bg readings. But I know it won't last long.
> Get yourself a Bayer Esprit.

John, the display is too small for me. I really like it and would love
one, but it would mean having to use a magnifier. At times
I can only just read the QID display. I'm still thinking abou it
though. Actually yuo can download the QID readings but i don't have
the cable and software (and can't afford them right now).