From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
Sender: email @ redacted
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:14:27
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] my dad

Hi folks
For those of you who were following the saga of my Type I dad who
finally lost his leg (below the knee) a few months ago, following an
infected toe which didn't heal. He's doing incredibly well, very
positive and getting used to life with one leg and gradually learning to
wear a prosthetic leg.
However, he has now got an ulcer in his other foot and they have
basically said if it doesn't heal then he'll lose the other leg too,
I've no idea what double amputation (hopefully below the knee again)
would entail but at 71 it's not going to be easy. I can't imagine him
trying to learn to walk with 2 prosthetic legs at his age, although who
knows? Of course, they are doing all they can to save it and trying a
bypass I believe this week.
Di