Re: [IPk] High A1C was [Re: ip-uk-digest V4 #133]

Hi Helene,

Seems very random though - I can phone medtronic and order 6 months worth (or
whatever I want) of supplies at a time, and if women want the pill they get
3-6 months at a time from the GP, which is prescription-only medicine, but
strips, which can be bought over the counter we can only get 1 months
worth......

Iain.

--- On Sun, 10/7/11, Helene & Colin Shaw <email @ redacted> wrote:
Out of interest, how many test strips does your GP allow you at a time - I
> recently had a battle with mine for more just so that I don't have to keep
> getting a script/going to the chemist.  After I showed him the meter
showing
> the 30/60/90 day averages, he agreed to go to 300 a month, he also says
that
> he can only prescribe a months worth at a time which seems odd.

They can only prescribe 1 months medication at any time.  Unless you are going
on holiday of course.  They used to let you have much more at once, but I
noticed that I often had a lot left over if I had a new meter, or had to
change insulin.  So it prevents wastage.

Helene.