Re: [IPk] High A1C was [Re: ip-uk-digest V4 #133]

Out of interest, how many test strips does your GP allow you at a time - I
> recently had a battle with mine for more just so that I don't have to keep
> getting a script/going to the chemist.  After I showed him the meter
> showing
> the 30/60/90 day averages, he agreed to go to 300 a month, he also says
> that
> he can only prescribe a months worth at a time which seems odd.

They can only prescribe 1 months medication at any time.  Unless you are
going on holiday of course.  They used to let you have much more at once,
but I noticed that I often had a lot left over if I had a new meter, or had
to change insulin.  So it prevents wastage.

Helene.