RE: [IPk] High A1C was [Re: ip-uk-digest V4 #133]

Hi Ian,

I get 200 strips a month. I get mys insulin on repeat prescription and my
chemist has no problems sorting that out for me but I have to go in every
month to my docter, also month by month, purely because of the amount of test
strips I ask for. The docter's receptionist has told me it's coz test strips
can change so often but this is the first time in my 21 years as a diabetic I
have personally had a problem with my test strips and I do think it is because
of the amount of them requested. I say this because I have only been on my
pump since january this year and that was when I started using so many and the
first time I asked for so many, the chemist submitted my repeat prescription
request and it was only when I went to pick them up from the chemist that they
were told the strips had been refused and I was refered back to my docter. I
was panicking a bit as I just hate to think I could be without my strips. The
docter was basically querying the amount of strips.

I am only one of two diabetics on a pump at my docters surgery so perhaps they
are unfamiliar with stuff. I actually get seen to and am well taken care of by
the diabetes team at my local hospital were I got the pump from. Up until that
point, I had been okay at my docter with my insulin pens.

Nadine