Re: [IPk] Bone density scan whilst on a pump

Hi Laura,

I work with medical imaging, and have also had several bone density
scans over the last years, so I'm at least somewhat familiar with the
process from the professional side as well as the patient side.

You are correct that the measurements are based on low intensity x-rays.
I never removed my pump but always made sure that it was not located
near the place they are measuring - mostly so that the pump does not
mess up the measurement, though also to be sure there is no risk
whatsoever to the pump. They typically measure bone density at 2 or 3
different points in the body, so if necessary, when they move the bed
and tell you to move, you can always just shift the pump so it is well
away from the very small piece of bone that they are measuring at the
time.

Hope it all goes smoothly and the results are good.

Nanette