RE: [IPk] Bone density scan whilst on a pump

I took mine off when I had one and left it outside the room.

Rhoda

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Laura Holborow
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:20 PM
To: pump list uk
Subject: [IPk] Bone density scan whilst on a pump

Hi

I'm booked in for a bone density scan in a week or so. I don't know much
about it, but think it's low level X rays and measures the bone density in
the hip and other places, and takes about 20 minutes. Does anyone know if I
need to take the pump off whilst it's being done? The pump's usually hooked
onto the waistband of my trousers (so sort of hip level) - don't want it
damaged/affecting the results.

Thanks

Laura