Re: [IPk] Type 1 v Type 2

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies!

I was put on the pump because of unpredictable lows, and also because my
husband and I wanted to start trying for a baby.  Since then, my hba1c levels
dropped from 7.3 to 6, and I have a lot fewer lows.

It seemed to me that the only reason the doctor was concerned is because my
dad is type 2 and I didn't have ketoacidosis when diagnosed.  He said that it
was odd to have type 1 and type 2 in the same family (although I've been told
before that it happens a lot).  I am a bit overweight now, but was average
weight when I was diagnosed.  I haven't had any insulin resistance, either.

I'm going to look into the links provided, and make sure that I'm educated
before seeing him again.  I've had several doctors in the past who decided
they had the right answer and then refused to consider other options.  I think
that is what worried me about this situation - that he latched on to one or
two pieces of information and then seemed to decide that all my previous
doctors had been treating me incorrectly.

About the infusion set problems, I've actually managed to solve that one on my
own (although I have an appointment with the diabetic nurse on Thursday as
well).  I've just started changing my sets every two days instead of every 3
days, and I'm fine.

Thanks,
Diane