From: Diane Silva
Sent: 07/04/11 10:12 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Type 1 v Type 2

  Hi, I was diagnosed 15 years ago with Type 1 diabetes ( I was 14) at Joslin in
Boston, which is one of the world's top diabetes research hospitals. Both Type 1
(my cousin and uncle) and Type 2 ( my father and grandfather)diabetes run in my
family, but this never seemed to confuse my doctors, until my last appointment.
I just switched to UCL, and the doctor I met with (who couldn't even give me
advice on a problem I was having with my infusion sites - told me to talk to the
nurse) has decided that I must be a Type 2, based on the fact that there are
Type 2 diabetics in my family and I did not develop ketoacidosis when I was
diagnosed (because my family recognized the signs and tested my blood sugar
before it reached that point). He now wants me to go for tests to see if I am a
Type 2 diabetic. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Should I be worried?
HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change lis!
 t versions, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org