RE: [IPk] Type 1 v Type 2

Seems like the doc may be confused, Diane.

The new interim consultant at my DM clinic said that although I was dxed as
Type 2, she now classifies me as Type 1 - on pump is it 8 years? - pancreas
wiped out - allegedly according to her.  No tests done to prove it either
way.

What the heck, I've lived and managed it as Type 2 going on weird for so
many years I don't bother with the label but manage it as ever.

Sounds as though your doc latched on to only part of your story... A couple
of blood tests and you'll no doubt be back on his books as Type 1...

Bit of a glitch but as long as you continue to manage your dm (regardless of
label) as you have over the last 15 years and I would go on the Joslin dx
until proved otherwise...

Ah the joys of seeing different docs!

Don't worry about it, Diane, that will only introduce all sorts of yukky
cortisols etc  into the picture which you don't need.

Hope it gets sorted out very quickly.

Best wishes

Rhoda