RE: [IPk] Refractive lens replacement

34 years ago when I was 20/21 I developed snowflake cataracts . They appeared
overnight and were due to poor diabetes control. ie I found a wonderful way to
lose weight virtually NO insulin and as I felt so ill didn't feel hungry so
lost loads of weight, my sight and developed severe neuropathy affecting my
lower limbs and gut- NOT to be reccommended however I was young and
 ignorant of the consequences .Since then I have worn really thick lenses
(Contact). My glasses are really cumbersome and embarassingly thick (+15) so I
have managed to tolerate the lenses  all these years but my eyes are becoming
less tolerant now and as a result of the original surgery have very little
vision in my right eye.The reason I'm telling you this is that finally after
all these years the opthalmic surgeon has agreed to implant some lenses so it
IS possible I think so long as you do not have retinopathy.I'm having to wear
my glasses for 4 weeks before I go back and he can do the measurements. I
didnt realise they could do that op apart from cataracts. I guess they'd
somehow remove your existing lenses to prevent you developing cataracts.Hope
this helps Carmel> Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:34:54 +0100