Re: [IPk] contraceptive pill access

Hi Jennifer

A couple of years ago a similar thing happened to me, at the hands of
the "homeopathic" physician in the large surgery where I'd previously
seen other doctors. I had a diabetes consultant appointment scheduled
for the next week so I told the consultant about the GP's tirade (she
had been really negative about my use of the pill).

The consultant said there are some people who would be better off with
a different form of contraception, but there was no problem with the
pill for me from her perspective. The consultant wrote to the GP to
say she was happy for me to be on the pill, and would be glad to
discuss the matter further if the GP wished to do so. The GP never
said anything about the pill to me again!

You could perhaps contact your consultant's secretary to see about
having him or her communicate with your GP if it will be a while
before your next hospital appointment?

If your consultant is happy for you to be on the pill, the practice
nurse's opinion should be overruled.

Take care

Melissa