Re: [IPk] contraceptive pill access

Hi Jennifer

My contraceptive pill prescriptions have been an ongoing battle for a
decade. So long as you are fit and well there is no need to fix
something that isn't broken.

GPs are currently hell bent on saving # in any way shape or form
currently and I imagine this is the most likely reason for what is
going on.

I have polycystic ovaries and the type of pill I take is sadly the
most expensive one available, consequently any time I need to see a GP
they try to put me on a cheaper one. They rarely get to the end of the
sentence before I interupt to explain its not for contraception that I
take it.

Don't forget you are entitled to second opinions, don't be afraid to
challenge what medical professionals say.

Sandie