[IPk] Another message for Jo

I had another thought, Jo.

There are shortly going to be new laws being brought into effect about
safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.  This is gong to mean for
those of us who work with children and vulnerable adults that when we
apply for a new job, our references are going to be taken up, and
checked with even more rigour.

This is, of course, a great thing on one hand (who wants to expose
children and vulnerable adults to those who would abuse them)?  On the
other hand, it means that an unscrupulous employer can, effectively,
kill your chance of future employment.

So, if you want to continue to work with vulnerable adults, I do advise
you to stick it out.  Being fired for 'leaving shifts without
authorisation' reads so much better than 'X resigned after we expressed
concerns about her behaviour, including her relationships with our
users.. '.

Not that I am saying they WOULD say that.  It's just what I'd say, if I
were an employer-from-hell who was determined you should never work
again.

And as to the evil Pat would quote ... I won't reherse them here.  You
know how they will twist things which you have done to the approval of
very right-thinking person in the universe, which nevertheless could be
represented as exploitative and harmful.

I hope you do understand that when I am in my dotage, I want you cooking
for me.  Er, actually, I want you cooking for me now!

Hope next week is better than last,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
         ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).