RE: [IPk] Bayer Contour Link v Accu-chek Compact

Hi Di

 Probably some incompetence on my part. We always seem to have problems with the
tiny spiky strips .  We used to get a lot of failures and wasted "strips" and
 the thing used to regularly jam and in trying to get to a new strip we would
end
up wasting more.  I didn't like size either.  Though of course if you have a
small meter  AND a tube of strips they no doubt take up as much space in the
end.

In the end we went back to the other meters.

I was also worried that Sasha might grab a meter which was almost out of strips
 and take it out with her. Now she or I can pick up a meter case give it a shake
and you can hear how many strips are in there without even looking.  Honest!
 Sasha can tell how many strips are left by giving the case a quick shake plus
or
minus a few strips.   Of course she checks if in doubt.

We have several meters "on the go" so she will grab the one with the most
strips.

Of course its a personal thing and I know lots of people who like the disc
meters so I thought I might be in the minority who dont get on with them.

Jackie

> What don't you like about them?
> Di
>
> Jackie Jacombs wrote:
>  > Am I the only one who doesnt really like the disc meters and prefers the
> meters
> > with strips.  We couldn't get on with one we had some years ago.
> Perhaps the
> > new ones are better?!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080729-1, 29/07/2008
Tested on: 30/07/2008 10:02:56