Re: [IPk] cannula nightmares

Hi Emily,

I had exactly the same experience as you and was very stressed at the
time like you are.  I've been on the Paradigm 522 for nearly a year
now, but found that by only using the top front of my thighs to
insert this has solved the problems I was having.  My problems seemed
to be with the upper part of my body (particularly the tummy area)
and cannulas were either bent on insertion or I just simply couldn't
get the insulin into me.  I forever had "no delivery" alarms and
never knew what was happening.  Some people say that using the top
area of the thigh is a nuisance as you have to be a bit careful not
to pull the thing out when changing or going to the loo, but because
I now always use this area I am used to it and it really isn't a
problem.

Might be worth a try Emily, and don't give up as I am sure you will
sort something out that suits you, but it is very stressful I know.
I went through a very difficult time with it all, but now I very
rarely have a problem with this.  I did get to the point when I just
didn't know what to do and was ready to give it up, but eventually
found out what suited my body.  I use the 9mm teflon quick-set cannulas.

Keep trying Emily and I am sure you will find a resolution to this
and best of luck to you.

Best wishes, Clare
(Type 1 for 38 years, Paradigm 522, pumping 11 months)