[IPk] cannula nightmares

Hi,
I have been on a medtronic paradign 522 for about 6 weeks and while getting to
grips quite well with most things, have had a lot of problems with cannulas.
I'd really appreciate some advice from experienced pumpers who've dealt with
similar.

I've been using the quick-set teflon cannulas, 6mm and 9mm, and have had many.
many bent cannulas and no delivery alarms.  I'm sure it must happen
occasionally with all sets, but this has been ridiculous and has caused a lot
of anxiety, ruined weekends, days off sick etc and I've had enough!  I've just
tried the silhouette and although it seems to be working, is very red and
uncomfortable and I hated putting it in.  I'm now dreading toomorrow's set
change ( I never felt like this with the quick-set).

Should I stick with the silhouette until I get used to it, or would metal
cannulas be better?  I'm using my upper abdomen and sides and have a fairly
well-padded build.  All the cannulas I've used have left red marks and
slightly hardened skin, which i'm not overjoyed about either.

Any advice at all gratefully received.

Thanks,

Emily