[IPk] Forgetting injections

Heard some interesting stuff today about why some diabetes teams like to
keep absolute control over what their patients do.

Apparently there is a very fast growing groups of diabetics who miss
injections regularly and generally don't manage their condition that well.
The consultants apparently deal with this by exerting total control over
dosages. I was even told that some of the patients who mismanage their
condition have been put on pumps as this has been considered the only way to
save their lives. I have noticed my own personal situation has improved
since I challenged my DSN to let me get on with things myself as I knew my
body and its signals better than she ever would. I wondered if this was one
of the reason for all the control freakishness I was experiencing with my
diabetes team.

The information came from a very authoritative source and I just wondered if
anyone had heard of anything similar.

Mary Moody