NICE 'guidance' WAS Re: [IPk] Near-continuous monitoring....

Ah Pat, now I see what you mean.

This appears to be a case of NICE failing to get it through to the PCT
that in England, NICE Guidance is mandatory, not optional. It is
entirely possible that the Trust has made a number of internal
policies regarding other diseases that are also in violation of NICE
Guidance. This is probably an issue for the Department of Health.
INPUT can certainly tip off the DoH to the situation as a first step
to correcting it. We have done this sort of thing a few times,
generally to good effect.

On a related note: I wonder if there's a point to suggesting to NICE
(for INPUT will be seeing Gillian Leng very soon) that the word
'guidance' be replaced by 'directive' in the English context at least.
To my mind, the word 'guidance' suggests the freedom to take it or
leave it, while 'directive' sounds much less optional.

What say y'all?

Melissa
Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5+ years