Re: [IPk] Near-continuous monitoring of something that isn't blood glucose

In message <email @ redacted>,
Rachel Kadel-Garcia <email @ redacted> writes
>I think what Pat's talking about is the role of the doctor as advocate
>for her patients, and the paths through the bureaucracy to appeal
>adverse decisions and reverse or gain exceptions to problematic
>policies.

Exactly.  And often they are unwritten policies - I would be very
surprised if the Trust has adopted a 'no pumps' policy. I must admit I
was astonished that she wasn't trying.  I would have thought that at
least she should be writing formally on behalf of each patient who is
not benefiting from the treatment she would prescribe if she could,
copying in the patient and the GP, so that the patient could take other
action as need be.

Cheers,

Pat

--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
         ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).