Re: [IPk] Near-continuous monitoring of something that isn't blood glucose

In message
<email @ redacted>, Lesley
Jordan <email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Pat
>
>(Ears pricked up and end of tail twitching...)  "(quote the last
>visit) 'Surrey PCT doesn't  pay for pumps, even, they are
>> donated by the manufacturer'."
>
>Said by a DSN?  I need to dig deeper... Do they only support one pump
>manufacturer there?
>
>Lesley
>wearing INPUT hat

Said by the registrar!

I suspect that one manufacturer has given them half a dozen pumps,
knowing full well they'll make far more on the consumables than they
will have lost on the pumps themselves.

On of the _good_ things that happens now (I don't want to seem like an
utterly negative grump) is that the doctor copies the patient in to
letters to the GP.  She wrote to my old GP, and made a few factual
errors (date of my viva, that kind of thing) but did not record her
recommendation for (n)CGM.

When I write pointing this out, I am also minded to say how horrified I
am by her attitude that there is nothing she can do as a doctor, or I
can do as a patient, to address the issue that Surrey PCT has decided
that it does not have sufficient money to pay for CGM or pumps.

Personally, I think it is unethical for a professional to continue to
personally benefit (be paid a wage) by a body which they think is acting
illegally, or against one's professional ethical code, unless they
believe that by working 'from within' to change that employer is
possible, or because they have identified no better way of using their
professional skills (such as working for a different employer, who does
not act in such a way). How the woman sleeps at night, I don't know.
Well I do, it's because she is ignorant.  Me, I'd declare myself
bankrupt before sinking so low.  It's sad, because she is a nice young
woman, who clearly _does_ care about her patients. Does INPUT have
anything I can send her, explaining her duties and capabilities as a
doctor, so that she can fight for me and other patients?

Cheers,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
         ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).