Re: [IPk] Success at clinic today

Hi Jackie,

Thank you, yes, the responsibility (as you are aware) of being a parent of a
young child with Diabetes is very hard. Shortly after her diagnosis I myself
suffered severely from depression - the feelings of hopelessness and
inability to 'make better' were just too hard to ignore. Not in any way to
be blase about the everyday struggles that adults with Diabetes face of
course, but when trying to deal with another persons illness, it is as if
one is working a complex remote control system. I can never feel the way she
feels - my responses are based on numbers and experience (and copious
notetaking) rather than any understanding of how 'my' body feels and
responds.

So, yes, I am very excited about today. Seeing her levels drop from 9.1 to
7.3 within 12 months feels like a huge achievement. It is fairly rare for me
to *honestly* believe that I have done well with her Diabetes. Somehow I
always feel that I could have done better. Not so today - rather, it feels
as though I am beginning to give her a fighting chance for her future.

Angie
Mum to Alice 6, dx 02/05, pumping 12/07