Re: [IPk] Medtronic offering free pump!!!

Hi Jackie
I agree (I guess you realised I was being slightly facetious!) but the
point still stands. For some people the choice of pump is not that
important (and I do know people who've chosen the pump based on the
colour because they don't care about the other criteria). If I was
choosing a pump for the first time, I'd probably go for the one that
looked the nicest since I don't actually care about the other criteria,
apart from the fact that I'd prefer a pump with a Luer lock (but I
wouldn't have known that till I'd tried the Medtronic pumps and found I
don't like the non-Luer lock sets). An esteemed friend of mine (who
shall remain nameless, but some of you may have heard the story) chose
his first pump (around 12 years ago now, when there was little choice of
pumps) based on the fact that he preferred Minimed's website to
Disetronic's (they were the only two options). He was paying for his
pump himself as well.
For some people, the choice of pump is really important, but for some
people, it's really not a big deal.

For my next pump, I would really like one with Luer lock sets. However I
can see it being a fight to explain to them why this is so important
(for me, the luer lock sets were just so much easier to use and I found
it far easier to fill the reservoirs; also, it's easier to reuse the
reservoirs) as I can just see the PCT saying "it's not the sets, it's
you, you're not doing it right".

I wonder if people do get a choice of hearing aids? I wouldn't be
surprised if they don't. My friend who lost his leg through cancer (and
was very fit and active, actually a former dance partner of mine) didn't
get any choice in his  artificial leg......he was in agony for a long
time until he discovered that he could get a different design, although
he kept taking it back and they would shave bits off it and so on!
Di