RE: [IPk] Medtronic offering free pump!!!

Hi Di

 One hopes the choice of a pump in not down to it colour alone!!! LOL I cant see
this preference swaying the PCT  (giggling here)
I agree that the pump one chooses is very important and as one has to live with
it for so many years, it should be the right one for that patient.  It might be
important to have the right sort of infusion sets as well as these are the
invasive bit which you are "stuck with" all day long its very important that
patients get a choice.

  I assume that people with digital hearing aids get a choice and I know that
they can be very expensive.

Jackie

> Hi Melissa
> I think it depends how important it is that the patient needs a
> particular pump.
> If they have the chance to save a couple of thousand pounds then you
> can't blame them for wanting to go with the option.  If however it's
> really important to the patient that they have a particular pump, then
> it's wrong for them to pressure the patient. If Rhoda wants an Animas
> pump because it comes in pink, or whatever, then why should they pay an
> extra #2000 for the privilege (different to a first pump where they will
> be paying out roughly the same no matter which pump the patient picks).
> If however Rhoda has a problem with the sets on the Medtronic, then
> there is a reason for them to spend the extra money.
>
> Di

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080708-0, 08/07/2008
Tested on: 09/07/2008 13:14:31