Re: [IPk] Medtronic offering free pump!!!

Hi Melissa
I think it depends how important it is that the patient needs a
particular pump.
If they have the chance to save a couple of thousand pounds then you
can't blame them for wanting to go with the option.  If however it's
really important to the patient that they have a particular pump, then
it's wrong for them to pressure the patient. If Rhoda wants an Animas
pump because it comes in pink, or whatever, then why should they pay an
extra #2000 for the privilege (different to a first pump where they will
be paying out roughly the same no matter which pump the patient picks).
If however Rhoda has a problem with the sets on the Medtronic, then
there is a reason for them to spend the extra money.

Di