Re: [IPk] Near-continuous monitoring of something that isn't blood glucose

Hi Pat

I was interested to read that your clinic has recommended that you get a
continuous glucose monitoring machine.  I have been looking into this over
the past year and have decided that I want one too.  I have compared them on
the internet and I have come down firmly in favour of the DexCom after
reading what others and the companies have said.  In America they are
considerably cheaper than the other 2 and so are the running costs.  I have
seen one and the user and other reports I have read say that they give more
accurate readings.  However, they are not available in this country yet due
to British approval not having been given yet.

I have been in touch with America and they say that it shouldn't be too
long - next year is hoped for.  Eventually this one will join up with the
Animas as well.  I have considered going on holiday to California and buying
one but there is still the problem of the supplies which have to be sent to
someone in America at present and forwarded to this country by this person
and I don't know anyone out there.  Unfortunately also, my husband does not
think my health is good enough to go on the sort of holiday we would like to
have so that idea is out.  Any information you get hold of in making your
decision I should very much like to hear.

June