RE: [IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor

Could it be uncomfortable due to the dressing? Because i got irritated by the
dressing when i had mine on and it was very itchy and felt a bit
uncomfortable.
Laura> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:45:22 +0100> Subject: RE: [IPk] Blood in CGMS
Sensor> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> >
Thanks for the replies. I am going to leave it but must admit I am a bit>
worried as it has been tender all day but I have put this down to> removing
one set, putting another one in and CGMS all in similar region> all within a
couple of hours. It isn't actually painful just> uncomfortable. My blood sugar
is also what I would expect it to be and> not high due to infection.> > > I
had one of those just before i started the pump and mine was the same. I> >
think it's ok it didn't cause any problems that i know of. As long as it> >
isn't> > painful i think it's alright but if you're worried about it i'd speak
to> > somebody just incase.> > Laura> From: email @ redacted> To:
email @ redacted> Subject:> > Re:> > [IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:00:28 +0100> >> > Insulin> > Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions.> Your> > donation> > of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is > needed so that> > Insulin> > Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest> of the diabetes community.> > Please
visit:> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your> > annual> >
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail> > Hi Gillian,>> > >
A> > small amount of blood is normal and wont necessarily affect the accuracy
>> > of> > the readings. I agree with Diana - only remove it if it hurts as
this may> > >> > indicate an infection> > Regards,> > Martin Seitler> > >
----- Original> > Message ----- > From: <email @ redacted>> To:> >
<email @ redacted>> Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 9:31 PM> Subject:> >
[IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor> >> > I've just had a CGMS fitted this morning> >
for> > 4 days and after being at the> > gym tonight there looks like blood
around> > the> > sensor. If it was an> > infusion set I would take it out but
don't have> > this> > option as DSN fitted> > it and has sensors. I have had a
CGMS once before> > and> > I could be wrong but> > I think it looked the same
then and did not affect> > the> > readings. I have an> > appointment with my
GP tomorrow morning about> > something> > else and could ask> > his opinion
but I don't think he would be any help.> > My> > plan at the moment> > is just
to phone my DSN tomorrow but just wondered> > if> > anyone has any> >
experience of this.> >> > Many thanks> > Gillian> >> >> > Type> > 1 30 years -
Animas Pumper 6 months> > .> > > > > -- > I am using the free> > version of
SPAMfighter for private users.> It has removed 892 spam emails> > to> > date.>
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.> Get the> > free> >
SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .>> >