RE: [IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor

I had one of those just before i started the pump and mine was the same. I
think it's ok it didn't cause any problems that i know of. As long as it isn't
painful i think it's alright but if you're worried about it i'd speak to
somebody just incase.
Laura> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Subject: Re:
[IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:00:28 +0100> > Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions.> Your donation
of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is > needed so that Insulin
Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest> of the diabetes community.
Please visit:> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail> > Hi Gillian,> > A
small amount of blood is normal and wont necessarily affect the accuracy > of
the readings. I agree with Diana - only remove it if it hurts as this may >
indicate an infection> > Regards,> > Martin Seitler> > > ----- Original
Message ----- > From: <email @ redacted>> To:
<email @ redacted>> Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 9:31 PM> Subject:
[IPk] Blood in CGMS Sensor> >> > I've just had a CGMS fitted this morning for
4 days and after being at the> > gym tonight there looks like blood around the
sensor. If it was an> > infusion set I would take it out but don't have this
option as DSN fitted> > it and has sensors. I have had a CGMS once before and
I could be wrong but> > I think it looked the same then and did not affect the
readings. I have an> > appointment with my GP tomorrow morning about something
else and could ask> > his opinion but I don't think he would be any help. My
plan at the moment> > is just to phone my DSN tomorrow but just wondered if
anyone has any> > experience of this.> >> > Many thanks> > Gillian> >> > Type
1 30 years - Animas Pumper 6 months> > .> > > > > -- > I am using the free
version of SPAMfighter for private users.> It has removed 892 spam emails to
date.> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.> Get the free
SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .>