RE: [IPk] Unexpected increase in sinsulin needs?

Hi Di and Rich

 There are also some other things I cant explain. Doing Gym training same length
of time, but on different days, and different times of the day.  Completely
different results.

When Sasha used to do her 3 hours gymnastic training on a Sunday morning things
 were perfect. Breakfast, then off to gym at 10.30 am. Tested and corrected if
needed, detach pump.  Half way through connect up do fixed prime, eat and bolus
for snack.  At the end of the session connect up fixed prime, correction if
necessary.  Corrections were rarely needed and the BG remain within target
range.  BG levels used to drop a little later in the day sometimes during the
night a lower basal was needed.

Now she has been switched to Saturdays and after lunch at 1.30 to 4.30pm .
Totally different picture.  BG level always high at halfway point and sometimes
was over 16 mmols at the end.  We did exactly the same thing.  We tried moving
lunch forward so that Sasha has a "brunch" rather than eating breakfast and
lunch, which she ate two hours before she went to gym.  Still nothing changed.
I cant remember why, but one day Sasha decided that she wouldn't have lunch at
 all. So on Saturdays she now has breakfast, but no lunch and starts Gym at 1.30
pm does the same as before but now sometimes needs to give some extra insulin
 halfway through. Missing the meal is the main thing that seems to enable her to
get the control she used to have on Sundays when she used to go straight after
breakfast.  So while Sundays at 1.30 - 4.30 worked fine with what she did,
Saturdays is much more difficult to deal with, I assume due to the time of day.

I took a long time to solve this problem and we only did by accident when Sasha
decided to miss having lunch.

 I always take a hot GF toasted cheese sandwich when I collect her because she
is
often very hungry.

Jackie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080704-0, 04/07/2008
Tested on: 04/07/2008 09:45:31