RE: [IPk] Re: High bgs 2 hours after meal

Hello Jackie,

It is the same here in Czech Republic. The only insulins available are
with 100 IU.

This is the general problem with doctors and people from pharmaceutical
industry. They are very conservative and studied some universities we did
not. And many of them think that they know everything much better than us
patients.
I found several small software errors in my Paradigm 722 and reported them
to Medtronic helpdesk in US together with some technical questions. They
rearly replied them and treated me like an idiot. So I gave up and created
my web page.
I asked my doctor about possibility to dilute insulin. The reply was: I do
not see any reason. So I went to the pharmacy and asked a question: Do you
have something to dilute the insulin? And I got 250 ml of dilution for
intravenous infusion that I use (for less than one pound).

On one hand, I understand they do want to do things standard way as they
can be held liable if something goes wrong. On the other hand I live in my
body and I feel what makes me good and what not. And when I analyse my CGM
data and see something wrong, I try to find the reason and the solution.

If I cannot get help from official sources and I am convinced that it is a
right thing, I do it on my own risk. (It is my health, doctors are here to
help me to keep it. But keeping it is my responsibility). It is a game
that makes me sometimes tired. But time to time I get comments from my
doctor like: Wow, your HbA1c is lower than it was last time, keep it up...
And that is enough satisfaction for me.

Best regards   Ivan