[IPk] Unexpected increase in sinsulin needs?

Hi All
I've only been on my pump for a month now, but it has thrown up a few
surprises...B  The biggest so far is work...
I expected that I would need to reduce my basal, because my work is quite
physical, I'm on my feet moving around, lifting etc...B B  On my first day
with the pump I decided not to a temp reduction in my basal, but monitor to
see how I reacted...B  So was surprised to see my BG's rise?
I have to run at between 130/140% up on my basal to achieve good good
control...B  So I've looked to see if I have a knock on effect later in the
day (by the afternoon I can normally run my basal as normal) but really can't
see one!
At the moment I'm still working out my correct basals, so whether this is
masking anything I don't know, but I'm off to see my pump nurse this
afternoon, so I shall see if see can shed any light on it!
Jo