Re: [IPk] Re: High bgs 2 hours after meal

Thank you Jackie.?

 This is really useful.? Yes, I do find that when I have?better control with
consistently lower blood sugars I am more sensitive to insulin.? The thought of
getting all levels under 7 mmol for a day would be a miracle though, something?I
have never yet achieved.? I'm already very sensitive to insulin?with a
correction sensitivity of 6 mmol/L per unit insulin,?and find that my blood
sugars?historically swing?from high to low.? I am on a low dose of insulin with
one basal rate of 0.30 units/hour and a total daily dose of less than 20 units.?
It doesn't take much to go hypo and most days I have at?least one. ?However,
following all three?breakfasts since on the pump (started Monday) I have had
these high blood sugars (as on MDI) which, Like Laura, return to?the normal
range before the next meal.? I have?gone low before the next meal at times, when
no active insulin is left, so maybe the basal needs reducing as well.??

 Thank goodness I am now on the pump and have the opportunity of sorting all
this out.

 Many thanks for your comments, if you can think of anything, else I will be
very grateful.

Anna?